tattoos

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

eid.al.fitr.


Eid Al Fitr starts tomorrow in the Sultanate of Oman, this joyous occasion marks the completion of the holy month of Ramadan! With Eid Al Fitr comes the Eid holidays for all people that live and work in Oman, all business and ministries are closed for 4 working days - this is a time of celebration for all the Muslims as they have been fasting for a month and now they are free to eat and drink whenever they like - and therefore I can also eat and drink whenever I like. Yay.


My Eid holiday plans: Luke, Friday (our puppy) and I and heading off to Masirah island at 3am tomorrow morning. Masirah island is off the south Oman coast, it is about 550km drive to the island from Muscat. We will then take a ferry across to the island and head for the campsite. Actually "campsite" is the wrong word to use because there aren't any ablutions or running water, we will be basically pitching tent on the beach. We will be joining a bunch of friends there, and there will lots of laughter, fun and happiness. The island is apparently beautiful and the fishing is really good. Luke is mainly going to be spearfishing and I am going to snorkel and swim in the sea. I am very excited because I recently got an underwater camera and this is going to be the perfect opportunity to put it to good use! I am hoping for crystal clear water. I am taking my "big" digital camera, my underwater camera and my Polaroid camera - so hopefully I will return with some great photos to share with you all. Happy holidays...... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger