tattoos

Monday, December 21, 2009

thanks, mom.

dear mom,

all those years of my youth, spent shopping for holiday gift wrap at the container store have turned me into, what my friends affectionately call me, a wrapping paper elitist.

i can't help but turn my nose up at the "really cute" stuff at target or costco. you wouldn't believe how many times i've heard people say "costco has really nice wrapping paper." i can't help but see visions of 1,000 square feet of holly berries and wreaths in varying shades of maroon and evergreen with gold foil accents when i think of costco wrapping paper. that's just not my style.

i have presents to wrap... but i've procrastinated the wrapping {you know, my favorite thing} for lack of inspiration due to an inadequate selection. i know it gets thrown away in 4 days, but that never stopped you... you kept your standards high... you bought the best of the best... and i'm yet to see prettier sight under the tree.

help! it's december 21 and i have nothing to wrap my presents in. fedex overnight will ensure wrapping paper delivery before christmas, right? i'm desperate here.

love,

your snotty daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger