tattoos

Monday, December 7, 2009

it's {not} the most wonderful time of the year.

last night i had to drive home... from south jordan to north salt lake... like a 30 minute drive.

when i arrived in sojo, the weather was fine... wet roads, but no snow. but when it came time to head home, the roads slicked themselves up with a nice sheet of ice, covered oh-so-slyly with a fresh layer of powder. it reminded me of driving in rexburg again.

i had a death grip on my steering wheel. it was the kind of drive that every drive should be - the one that takes all your focus and attention. the kind where you drive in the wheel path ahead of you... paying no attention to the white lines in the road.... because you CAN'T SEE. oh, and everytime someone bigger, faster drives past you you think you might lose your life. i was alone... so, you know, if that was going to be the end of my life, i at least hoped i'd be accompanied by some good tunes on the radio. it was the kind of drive home that required a report back to my peeps... that i made it home, without a tail spin ride along the interstate.

I HATE THE SNOW.

i hate recreating in it. i hate driving in it. i hate living in it. i hate walking to my car in it. i hate scraping my windshied off in it. i hate starting my car 10 minutes before i have to go anywhere in it. i hate commuting up and down steep hills to go to church in it. i hate dressing for it. i hate the wet pant cuff situation because of it. i hate the way it ruins my shoes after walking in it. i hate wearing socks because of it. i hate the way it limits my wardrobe half the year because of it. i hate my gas bill that results from it. i hate the bizarre squiggly worm shapes that form in the walkways of all major buildings from salting it {robin... c'mon...} i hate it. i hate it. i hate it.

and everyone around me loves it.

i hate it.

if you're not from a snowy state, you probably think snow looks like this:


it's a trick. it really looks like this...



i hate it.

i was never taught to like it. my dna taught me to like sunshine at 70 degrees with mild humidity.

someone get me outta here..........

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger