tattoos

Friday, June 5, 2009

robin, oh robin.

i think we {girls} all feel like we have a special bond with our friends that is totally unique to each other. like - no one has a friendship like robin and i do. NO ONE.

{no one has a friendship like lara and i, jen and i, your mom and i, etc...}

but, let's talk about robin for a while. after all, it's her 30th birthday.

and so - 30 things i like about robin:

1. robin threw a bowling ball at my feet the first day we really knew each other. and, scared me half to death. after i was already really really scared.
2. robin let me sleep in the back seat of the car while she kissed the man of her dreams in the front seat... of a moving vehicle. and when we started veering off the road... she then let me act completely natural when we all stopped at the nearest rest stop where she could cash in on a real kiss {she really wanted me to be there. i just know it.}
3. robin was nice enough, protective enough, and brave enough, to write an email to a boy that was messing with my heart that said, "dear ____, please don't talk to my friend aubry ever again. thanks, robin"
4. robin and i spent a weekend in san francisco shopping. nothing but shopping. for days on end. others would falter when robin endures.
5. robin took me to craigo's the last time she ate pizza. before all that pork and bell pepper stuff.
6. robin comments on all my blog posts.
7. robin lies to her new york friends and tricks them into thinking i'm really cool.
8. robin didn't curse at me that one time i locked her keys in the car... while it was running.
9. robin let me shop with her for a "formal" gown in pocatello.
10. robin let me talk to her hairdresser boyfriend for hours on end... and iron out all their relationship issues.
11. robin feels equally justified in dropping mega $$ at the makeup counter. for no good reason.
12. robin listens to all my stories in long, long, long conversations on the phone.
13. robin took me to the salon with her time time she went platinum blonde.
14. robin recommended i shop at hip + humble when i moved to salt lake.
15. robin "let" me make all those "hard" phone calls to j.crew when she was too afraid to call herself. ... still can't figure out why it was so scary.
16. robin enlightened me to apples and cheese. and carrots and salsa.
17. robin emailed me everyday - long emails - when i moved to san diego. and would even re-write them, in full detail, when they would magically disappear into th virtual black hole of the world wide web. such devotion.
18. robin introduced me to jack bauer.
19. robin also introduced me to ben folds, counting crows, and the indigo girls.
20. robin used to be as hard hearted as i am. tearless. i respect her for graduating into real emotion, despite leaving me behind.
21. robin introduced me to jamie. and the fischer family.
22. robin keeps me in the loop of all the hip and stalk worthy blogs.
23. robin assigned me the sweetest ringtone ever. and she never answers on the first ring. she lets me wait until the very last minute so she can hear as much of that horrible matchbox 20 song.
24. robin helped me embrace the orginal mac lip glass.
25. robin road tripped to san diego to see me... and created sweet memories with tom and yuki.
26. robin will talk with me about characters of our favorite tv shows like they're real people consequential to our lives.
27. robin and i discovered the small angle brush together in the summer of 2002.
28. robin is grossed out by the same odd-ball things that i'm gross out by. in a way that no one seems to understand it but us.
29. robin has helped my friend jen lose 14 lbs - so far.

and, sorry to do this, robin... but i have to....

30. robin was thoughtful enough to call me after she kissed roger.


robin. marci. aubry. millhollow. after we'd been tanning too many times.
spring 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger