tattoos

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

a post about running, written by: a running non-runner.

i want this shoe as much as i want a husband.

there's nothing more annoying than when a girl gets a wild streak to get in shape and then talks a lot about it as if it's a life long passion.  let's be real here, people.  i am not that girl.

i foolishly agreed to run in a race with my co-workers, all of whom hold some high ranking level of management within the firm. i feel the pressure not only to run, but to run well.  maybe just half as well as they do.  they're athletes.  and runners.  and i'm googling some form of hypnosis to float me up the quarter mile stretch of the uphill climb of my little sliver of the race.

that's the kind of runner i am.

but. having just finished a 'good' run, i'm here to talk about what i'm figuring out about this running biz-nass.

lara, the running zen master, sent me to smart coach to personalize my training schedule.  i pushed this race prep off as long as i could, but when it came time to buckle down, i needed a schedule.

it's going pretty much just as it should.  which, is better than i envisioned it going in my mind all this time i pushed and pushed it off:

... getting easier the more i do it.  a novel concept.
... feeling better along the way.  i whipped through 2 miles tonight before i knew how far into my run i had gone. 
... putting faith in my schedule and following it religiously.
... feeling the slight panic when my real life schedule conflicts with my running schedule and i don't think i'll get my run in for the day.
... it has me drinking more water.  a christmas miracle!
... i'm still a temperature goldilocks.  not too hot.  not too cold.  rather, just right.
... a crappy run can tear me down to nothing.
... but a good run makes me feel like a million bucks.

but i still think a new pair of shoes could make me super-duper, 100% more motivated, don't you?
i put that shoe on my foot and it melted me from the inside out.
it was heaven.  and super light.
i think that's the point...

i'll keep running.... but i'll leave the running blogging up to the real running bloggers.

also, if i'm going to keep this running stuff up, i'm going to need a better ponytail holder.  this goody brand elastic isn't making the cut against the massive load of hair attached to my head.  help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger