tattoos

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Inspiration Diaries / Magazine Addict

Both me and (my sister) Al keep these 'inspiration diaries', which is basically a notebook that you fill with things that inspire you, or simply things you adore. I keep several of these. One is a binder that is FULL of pictures that I tore out of magazines.

This also works wonderfully if you happen to be a magazine addict/hoarder, as it's a great solution to help clean out some of the clutter -- cause a lot of times you buy a magazine that ends up being not that great of an issue except for some amazing 6 page spread -- out of a magazine of 110 pages. It makes sense to recycle that magazine and keep the 6 pages. Of-course I do hold on to the 'keepers', and I have a lot of them. As a matter of fact I'm almost running out of room as where to store them. It does seem like a waste of storage, especially because I live in a condo and you only have so much room. Jarred's always encouraging me to clean out the hoard, or "piles" as I like to call them. Don't get me wrong though, both me and my husband are neat freaks (him even more so than me), so really even though the house is decorated on the clutter-y side it's very clean and organized. I like to think of myself as an organized hoarder, hahahaa. Anyways, I'm completely off topic here!

It is fun keeping a collection of all your favorite images, there to inspire you any time. Whether it's a hairstyle you love or a fashion style; an art piece or brilliant (usually fashion) photography. It's always there to remind you. Last winter I was totally obsessed with the japanese street style, Mori. Which I'll show you in my next entry -- To Be Continued!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger