tattoos

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Aubry and random stuff


Imagine a time, dear Aubry devotees, when there were no computers and the only way to get a photo was the old fashioned way, by snapping it on your trusty and crusty old brownie camera and taking it to a drug store for developing. I know it will take a while for it to "download" into your minds. I swear you are all human docks where technology is intuitive and it all syncs together in harmony with all your many and vast devices.

So Scott and I (Aubry's parents) have a gray box which is really a ratty old suitcase full of all our pictures and memorabilia from all our kids. Imagine my sadness when I realized it was my day to post the blog and I had no photos to scan.

It was to be the big reveal where you could gaze upon the magnificent genes that are Rebecca Bennion that produced the cutest little girl every conceived. Oh well, its probably a mercy to you all since you will all feel bad when you have children of your own and they aren't as cute (not nearly) And for those of you that already have kids, sorry that I aced you out. Now don't get defensive, just admit it and move on or join a support group.

(I'm not sorry really)

But (and its a big BUT to quote Pee Wee) I found this photo of my favorite and only girl baby.

So here is my little Aubry above giving me the stink eye. The only one I have in my computer. If you ever got the stink eye from Aubry you will never forget it. Does it look familiar?

Here are some little known factoids that I take liberty to disclose in Aubry's absence:

First time she tasted Mayo at about 8 months she puked in her high chair. So she is not being picky about salad dressings and condiments. She was born that way

She has a bladder that is a freak of nature. She never has to go.
(Truly, she should leave that thing to science)

She had a fetish for all things Cherry for years. Sheesh, I mean years.

She had bad stringy hair as a kid

She was prone to broken bones - A doctor even suspected us of child abuse

Her tantrums were legend in the neighborhood

She wore tights with little colored hearts every day of her life to Sunday School (see photo above)

She ALWAYS loved clothes and shoes

She was ALWAYS a little artsy craftsy little kid

and finally, our hearts beat in unison. She is my only girl baby, my pride and joy and I am honored and blessed to be her mother.

And oh, one more thing, she is my emotional and spiritual clone so when she does something amazing think to yourself, of course she is Rebecca (THE QUEEN) Bennion's daughter. No duh.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger