tattoos

Friday, October 2, 2009

like mother, like daughter.

last night, while crawled in a ball in my bed - as sick as a dog - my mom called. my mom, who made blog fame in october 2008 with the ever-laughable "girl babies" post.

with a head fully clouded with snot and drugs, i heard this:

"blah, blah, blah... oktoberfest with diane... blah, blah, blah... craft show.... blah, blah, blah.... we've gone every year since you were a baby... blah, blah, blah..."

it's not that i didn't want to be excited about oktoberfest {heavy emphasis on my mom's part at the craft show booths, fyi ... not so much on the beer gardens}. it's just that i was fully drugged and mostly incoherent. i love my mom. really, i do. but last night was a poor representation of my phone talking skills.




and then, sensing my excitement and fully aware of my crappy phone skills, my mom said:

"aubry, going to oktoberfest is as exciting for me as going to see a boy band in concert is for you. be excited for me."

and so, dear mom:

i hope you have the time of your life. i am bursting with jealousy that i am here... sick as can be... and you are there... at oktoberfest... with your bff diane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger