tattoos

Thursday, October 8, 2009

introducing...

it's been a while since i did this, but...

{pronounced "kay-non"}

is my new musical favorite.

a lyrical/poetic genius refugee from somalia, he sings about political things... freedom, pirates, africa, america, etc. but he also sings about western union money transfers, his main squeeze at age 12 and lame american rappers.

oh yeah, did i mention he was a rapper?

he opened for jason mraz in denver... and i've had the lyrics from two songs in my head ever since {when i'm not singing "don't be tardy for the party"}...

"she shot me, she shot me, bang, bang, she shot me"

or

"when i get older, i will be stronger, they'll call me freedom, just like a wavin' flag"

might i suggest the *clean* version of his album troubador. mmm... so delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger