tattoos

Sunday, August 9, 2009

get your craft on.

dear cindy,

you seriously missed out. craft lake city was a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

but don't worry. this city of mine is so craft-forward, there will be more.

-aubry.

craft shows have come a long way from the crafts i remember of my childhood. and, i mean, ask my mom - i got my fill of craft shows.

i grew up with glue gun cob webs all over my bod. half painted doll heads greeted us at the dinner table. the year revolved around the harvest festival. the entire year of 1994 is a blur from all the toxic fumes from deco paint pens. i didn't know oktoberfest was a real thing until i was like 15 - i just thought it was a giant craft show in la mesa. i think i still have red food coloring under my nails from kneading 9 tons of play dough. and lastly, dried flowers, glitter, and fabric scraps still haunt me in my dreams.

{yes, mom. i loved my childhood. so did the boys.}

is it utah? is it a mormon thing? or have we become a craftier nation? cuz there is some fantastic stuff out there! clever people making to-die-for things!

i bought 8 new rings, all made of different things... and each of them growing exponentially in size... from all different artist like vintage fern

i bought letterpressed cards and tags... {andi - i found the "great job on that thing you did. really. super." artist! sycamore street press, if you're curious.}

and my favorite local lady - isabella's umbrella - had tons of my favorite things.

i'm weak for a good craft show. there's no denying it. so when i updated my facebook status with "my wildest dreams are about to come true. now." i was talking about crafts. not a marriage proposal. not a girl baby. just crafts. i got all my people worked up for nothing... 'cept crafts. which were perfectly wonderful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger