tattoos

Thursday, January 19, 2012

{work} things of no consequence.


i spent my evening hours at work last night, composing a success story about the use of social media in the transportation engineering world for a co-worker in atlanta, ga. she put a call out to the company {did you know there are 55,000 of us?} and i'm the only one who replied with any experience with the situation. 

i had no way of knowing i'd get paid for these kinds of hobbies when i was in college.

i'm moving office spaces next week. fresh and new, new and fresh. i'll walk one more floor of stairs in the morning {or rise one more floor in the elevator, depending on how many things i'm schlepping that day}. i'll reorganize and redecorate. after all, it's the space i live most of my waking life.

i will have driven to utah county three times in the last 36 hours. i wonder why i don't just co-locate. 

my eye has been twitching - constantly - for a full day. the weekend can't come soon enough.

it's a proposal-writing kind of week. brain crunching, deliberate sentence structuring, better-than-the-next guy. very stretching. 

co-worker dave and i are back in our regular carpool routine.  three times a week.  saves my gas tank and my sanity.

but someday really soon, i'm going to take up public transit. i have to catch a bus in my neighborhood that takes me to the train, that carries me to the trax line that connects to a bus that drops me off in front of the office. might take me an hour and a half, but i'm dreaming of all the reading i'll do while i'm not driving.

today's still an iphone day.  feb. 1 can't come soon enough.
how minimalist sexy is this?






in unrelated news, i found a new favorite blog: live creating yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger