tattoos

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Same old Betsey

I was so excited to view the Betsey Johnson Spring 2012 collection, as I have always been a fan of her clothing line. I have to say though, I was a little disappointed. I just found that it fell a bit short for me; that it seemed so 'been there, done that'. There didn't seem to be anything super new or exciting. It just mostly felt old and boring-ish. And like something you can find at your neighbourhood Forever 21.

Of-course some pieces I didn't mind, like this see-through trench coat. Makes me think of Tron's Gem.  :)


I find Betsey's known for, and her classic style, is the super girly, floral prints, poufy dresses, skulls and animal prints look. Which I have nothing against. I like that she's so fun and colorful.

Betsey's classic style: the floral print, and poufy dress.


I absolutely LOVED her Fall Winter 2011 / 2012 Ready-To-Wear collection.


And her Spring 2009 collection. I've always been a sucker for the House on the Prairie Laura Ingalls look.


I've also, recently, been really digging the severe head-to-toe-all-covered-in-white style:





I should mention, the one thing that I did like about her Spring 2012 show was the accessories, hair, and especially makeup -- love that neon pink!









Anywaaaaaays... Nicki Minaj attended the show, in her colorful ensemble...


And I right away recognized the shoes she was wearing...!! Irregular Choice..!!!




Aren't they so fantastic?? I envision wearing these to a tea party.  :)


You must check out their shoes:



Right now I have my eyes on these puppies:




xoxoxo...




ps: I love it that Betsey Johnson is 70 years old, and still looks like this.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger