tattoos

Saturday, July 31, 2010

life lessons.

i've always stood firm behind the idea that is is my blog and my venue.
no surprise there - right?

so, i get to speak honestly here.
{and sometimes, the consequences of running my sass pot mouth.}

this might be my most honest post yet.


first things first - i'm ashamed to admit that i'm 28 and i can cat-fight with the best of 'em. so un-adult of me.

but.
i was humbled
HUMBLED
HUMBLED

when my opposite fell into tragedy of the most unimaginable kind.

so what's a girl to do?

i'll tell you what -

you {i} forget it all
in. an. instant.
you {i} remember all the precautionary, fearful tears you {i} just cried over this very thing
you {i} buy a sweet treat
and a kind gift
that you {i} hope is as meaningful to her as you {i} intended it to be
and run to her side.
but most of all, you {i} hope, against all odds, that she believes in your sincerity.

all the while, you {i} kick yourself {myself} for being a 28 year old who allowed the trivial inhibit yourself {myself} from being available to someone {everyone, for that matter} if needed.

and then you call your mom and tell her you love her because you're {i'm} still lucky enough to have her.

lessons learned.
the hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger