tattoos

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

grandma.



today, as i drove back from my usual tuesday meetings in ogden with boss 1 and boss 2, boss 1 turns to me and says, "i should show you the facebook profile of a guy in my stake. he's single. low 30s. i think i should set you two up..."

and right there, while we waited to get on the freeway, he pulls up the the profile on his phone.

to avoid being written off as a superficial b word, i scrolled through his profile THEN scoped out the pictures.

my internal navigational system directed me to this one picture. i click. show boss 1 and say, "is this his mom?"

boss 1 says, "uh, no, it's a friend..."

"that's not his mom?" i ask again {mostly in unbelief...}

and then. AND THEN. boss 1 says {all reluctant like... and a little sheepish...}, "alright, ALRIGHT! that's his ex-girlfriend... she's 65. they just broke up."

and in a completely inappropriate-to-physically-abuse-your-boss-while-he's-operating-a-moving-vehicle kind of way, i hit him. again and again. and in a craze, yelled, "YOU! YOU WANTED TO SET ME UP ON A DATE WITH HIM? YOU WANTED ME TO BE REBOUND GIRL FROM THE GRANDMA!? WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!"

and AS IF anything he said could make me feel better, he said, "they're not dating anymore. he just helps her out a lot. it's more of a mother/son kind of thing now..."

to which, i immediately reminded him, "... except sometimes they kiss."

SOMEBODY. SOMEBODY... set me up with a decent man. my parents will pay you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger