tattoos

Thursday, April 9, 2009

a {proper} adult.

some believe i came from the womb as a full grown adult. that my ridiculously high level of maturity and responsibility defies the law of aging. i assure you i was a child. here's proof.

sure, i've done some pretty responsible things in my life.

graduate from college, check.
hold a steady job, check.
buy a house, check.
pay off the auto loan two years early, check.
do the 401k thing, check.

but, i assure you nothing i've done in my life made me feel more like an adult than what i did today.

i took out a sizeable {for my wee little life} life insurance policy.

my smart state farm agent set up an appointment with all of his policy holders. apparently, my life is more delicate than i thought. home owner's and auto weren't cutting it.

so. as of today. if/when i croak, there's just enough to pay off the house, cover the expensive, and undo fuss of, a funeral AND buy my mom the marc jacobs handbag of my dreams in my honor. i expect it to be on her person when she buries me.

my dad, i'm sure, will buy a new camera, or 5, and travel the world. my mom better be by his side... with marc jacobs.

oh yeah. life insurance policy AND a roth IRA. what? retirement? diversify? mutual funds? aggressive stocks? international something? what?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger