tattoos

Monday, December 15, 2008

a holiday baking marathon.

'tis the season!

for years and years, my mom and i had a marathon baking day of holiday treats for all our friends and neighbors. but since moving away, i'm left to do it alone (something tells me my mom retired the tradition after i left...)

i love to do it... from the baking to the pretty packaging and sweet ribbons. the only problems is, i feel the constant need to out-do myself every year. so this year, i turned to my friend martha for my next brilliant idea: ice box cookies. go ahead... steal the idea... they're fun to make. and you better believe i'm going to keep practicing. martha's are just so freaking perfect. someday...



my well contained kitchen chaos...




i made and colored the dough on friday night... and put them in the ice box (go figure...) for the night. i woke up on saturday, bright eyed and anxious at 7:30 am... ready to bake...



they were even cute just sitting on the cookie sheet...


the finished product!


ice box cookies weren't enough... so i threw in a few homemade oreos...



and in the packaging they go...



signed and sealed... ready for delivery!


now, what to make next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger