tattoos

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

who what where when why wednesday.

q:

what day-to-day item/tool/device can you NOT live without?

{don't tell me your phone. that's a given. i'm starting to itch just thinking about it. and if you've got enough will power to live a day without your phone, i don't want to hear about it either. i admit i have a problem.}

a:

my book.

i carry this book with me everywhere i go. it's small enough that it can fit in my purse, it's big enough that i can scribble on it when i {don't hate me} get a phone call in the car, it's spiral bound for easy note taking, its pages are thick enough that i can write in it with a sharpie, but not too slick to smear when i use a gel pen, it's pretty enough that i'm not embarassed to be seen with it {since it IS an accessory} and just like any good handbag, it has the perfect pockets.

i have archives of "books" from throughout my career. on any given day, i'm looking through the archives to find a phone number of a participant of a meeting i conducted in 2006, or a caterer we used in october of '07. the coolest part? i know that if i need it, it's there... because if i worked on it, i wrote it down in one place, and one place only. makes our quality/records management guy happy.

it's hard to come by a good book that fits all my criteria... but chronicle books usually has a good selection for me to choose from.

i'm down to the last few pages in my book... and i don't have another one yet... i'm starting to freak out a little about it...


pockets for business cards...


on any given day i'm writing with three different pens in three different places... about three different projects...


and the pictures provide me a little excuse to doodle here or there.

best of all, there are sticky notes, phone numbers on the backs of receipts, tabs, etc. strewn about my book.

my book. oh yeah, and a diet coke. can't live without that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger