tattoos

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

school picture day.


there are some people who manage to get their pictures taken all the time.
{alllll the time}
how do they do it? howwww? how do they live? do they practice those faces? the poses? did they buy a full length mirror to perfect their art? where's their inner fear factor? how do they find the time? and their photographer? and do they always look put together well enough to jump into an impromptu photo shoot? when do they look like the 3 o'clock version of tired old me?

and then there's me: never in front of the camera. 
if i need a picture of myself, i've gotta dig through the archives to find that one photo from my niece's baby blessing or two years ago when i reunited with my 6th grade bestie.

so when i needed a legit photo for work, i panicked for a sec.... and then i got resourceful. 
navy babe had a photo shoot planned for the weekend and i begged to weasel myself into a basket on the scale with a giant flower on my head into a place with good natural light for a snap or two.
{thank you photographer kimmie!}

and so, this is what i look like right now. the engineers are laughing because i chose bright, wide stripes.
but no one looking at it will be at all surprised by what they see. just business as usual around here. 

makes me wish for a school picture day once a year. a trusty annual update. 
but until the next time {2015 or so} plan on seeing this photo everywhere i am.

thank goodness navy painted her closet doors orange, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger